Have you ever thought about what we are as human beings? How we got here, what we’re comprised of, why we’re here? Yes you have, and I bet you’ve refused to think of any of it at one point. That’s normal. People ignore what they don’t understand because it’s easier to just exist than to question why we exist, because if anybody and everybody know anything it’s that we know absolutely nothing. That’s where Confound steps in. People have asked what does Confound mean? Well the definition is “To cause to become confused or perplexed.” Now our mission is not to confuse you by any means, but you will become confused thinking about the unanswerable “answers to life.” Think about it, question it, observe it, seek answers, but never let it get a hold of your own reality. Stick to your beliefs, but more importantly learn to accept. When you let questions consume your whole being you go insane. Never seek answers. There are no answers to life. It may sound like we’re trying to seek answers here and that’s partially true, but this is Philosophy, if you don’t quite understand what that is take a look below:
1. Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline.
2. Investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods.
3. A system of thought based on or involving such inquiry: the philosophy of Hume.
4. The critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs.
5. The disciplines presented in university curriculums of science and the liberal arts, except medicine, law, and theology.
6. The discipline comprising logic, ethics, aesthetics, metaphysics, and epistemology.
7. A set of ideas or beliefs relating to a particular field or activity; an underlying theory: an original philosophy of advertising.
8. A system of values by which one lives: has an unusual philosophy of life.
So? We investigate, we understand how we live and why we live the way we do. We try to understand and analyze why things are the way they are and the purpose behind it all. This is the purpose of Confound. Never revolve your life around the answer to the question WHY because there is not an answer, there is only different ways of logical reasoning and perspective. Your job is to pick a belief that fits your life that you understand, that makes complete sense to you, and evolve it in discussion and defend why you believe the things you do. The questions of Philosophy have no answers, but it’s the process of the debate that has value. “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it – even if I have said it – unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
“If you seek the deeper meaning it tends to lead to a black hole. Where as those who never seek it at all go blithely along their path.” That statement is true if you let it be. But anything is true if you believe it. Philosophy is about opening up your mind, you will see a black whole, but enlightenment comes with acceptance to all things unanswered, and to live peacefully knowing that we don’t know. I always wondered how people could go through life and not wonder what its all about, and believe me there are a lot of them who do just that. How can you not look for a deeper meaning to life and philosophize everything that goes on when you live it?